What is GIS?
GIS (Geographic Information System) is a powerful data visualization and mapping platform. Its ability to capture, analyze, and display geospatial data in an efficient and impactful manner makes it an essential tool across all industries in many different contexts. VET's expertise in the field of GIS includes:
- Reconnaissace - identify environmental conditions and/or protected natural features for informed land use decision-making
- Conservation - delineate wetlands and streams, quantify impacts and analyze areas for potential mitigation in combination with high-accuracy GPS survey equipment
- Development - design plans for proposed construction and development
Projects involving GIS
- NPDES Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Spill Prevention control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Jurisdictional Waters Determination (Stream and Wetland Delineations)
- Environmental Assessment
- Sinkhole Evaluation
- Planning and Zoning Permitting
VET employs GIS to creat detailed maps for technical reports and for environmental investigation purposes. GIS is also used to produce compelling graphics for petitions or proposals.
Contact us to discuss if our GIS services are right for your business or personal needs.